The dates have now been set for the next selection of courses and they are:-
- LEVEL 1:
- WEDNESDAY GROUP; 8th June, 15th June & 29th June (10am until 2pm)
- SATURDAY GROUP; 11th June & 18th June (10am until 4pm)
- LEVEL 2: To be arranged for the post June period.
For all groups the first session will be starting from the Lickey Hills Visitor’s Centre. The course tuition time is 12 hours.
If you are interested and would like further details then please contact the course tutor:-
Derek Jones, email: email@example.com or telephone: 0121 744 7881.
These courses have been a feature for a good few years, and many have benefited from them. They are run with the support of the Ramblers. Courses focus on appropriate skill levels of the National Navigation Award Scheme (see NNAS website). Programmes are mainly practical and based around South Birmingham and Warwickshire.
Levels 1 & 2
- WEEKDAY COURSE: 3 sessions that run from 10am until 2pm and the cost in total will be £30.
- WEEKEND COURSE (Sat): 2 sessions that run from 10am until 4pm and the cost in total will be £30.
Anyone interested will be put on a course list and then suitable dates and days will be arranged for the courses.
If you are interested or have any queries please ask firstname.lastname@example.org (0121 744 7881)
Typical Level 1 course for beginners and improvers; suitable for any walkers who wish to increase their map reading skills so as to be able to navigate with confidence – includes map reading, compass skills, basic navigation techniques; leading to Bronze level in National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS). Tuition is 12 hours in total.
Names are also being collected for Level 2 course which is suitable for those who already have first level skills.
Derek Jones, Trainer/Assessor